Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sometimes You Don't Realize It

I woke up in colonial times this morning. The power was out! And my first thought? How am I going to dry my hair?!

It's so funny to think about how much we actually rely on electricity. In the morning I:

Need light in the bathroom to take a shower
Dry my hair with a blow dryer
Need light to put on my makeup
Need to sometimes plug in my laptop
Sometimes leave the house through the electric garage
Like to get things from the fridge

I'm sure the list goes on and on, but I was very concerned about my almost-ragged appearance to work this morning. I considered scrunching my short bob somehow, but I know how that always turns out -- and it's never good. The power did end up coming on when I was in the shower so all was fine, but could you imagine what a bad start to the day that would have been?

As I left the house, I was confident. It was sunny out and I could finally leave the house with my sunglasses on. And then on my way to work, it started snowing. A strange morning, indeed!

Photo: oregoncandleco.com
Digg this

1 comment:

Edu said...

Hello!
Beautiful poetry.