Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MTV Mondays

Well, now that my beloved trainwreck The Hills is over, what am I to do with my Monday nights? Oh, never fear, Amanda, for MTV has a lot more "reality" TV up its sleeve. And that includes Bromance and The City.

Let's start with something I actually enjoyed. The City was good. I mean, it was still the obvious scenes and questions and dumbfounded looks from Whitney, but I still liked it and was slightly excited when a second episode followed the premiere. You can so tell what these personalities are like already.

Olivia is pretty awful - spoiled, rude, and has a greater-than-thou attitude. She was particularly pretentious in the scene at Bergdorf's when they went to meet Manolo Blahnik, talking about her first pair at the age of 17 at her deb ball. No one cares. Olivia is gorgeous though. Just ask her, I'm sure she'll tell you. (However, the previews do make it seem a little like she's looking out for Whitney and wants to make sure she doesn't fall for the wrong crowd. But is the Uptown crowd right for Whit?).

Jay is a player for sure. I don't trust him for one sec. I think Alex is partially looking out for Whitney and partially spiteful over Whit choosing Jay instead of him. And I'm not really sure where Erin came from - how does Whitney know her besides sleeping on her couch - but I do love her. She's sassy and seems sweet.

And I loved that Kelly Cutrone was in it. She may be a bit quirky and crazy, but she's a business woman with a lot of connections. And she really does seem to care about Whitney. Kelly seemed so motherly toward her last night. But is she sticking around the New York office now instead of the LA People's Revolution?

We'll see what happens, but I enjoyed the new drama and I absolutely love that it is in my own City - I knew a lot of the places they were at last night and that was very exciting. NYC > LA for sure! :)

As for Bromance - well I can't say much because I was mostly browsing the Internet throughout the show. I missed the beginning, but didn't care much for what I did see and pay attention to. It's a pretty ridiculous show with no staying power.

I'll be sure to set my DVR for The City; however Bromance does not appeal to me even if there is nothing else on TV - totally unwatchable.

Photo: MTV.com
Digg this

3 comments:

Unknown said...

NYC > LA for sure! :)
i couldn't agree more!

tshops said...

I so agree with your comments! Bromance was horrendous -- last time I'll be watching that one. But the City was great, and Whit -- she's my fave from the Hills so it's fun to see her on her own show! The clothing was great too, and the shots of NYC :)

Anonymous said...

I was so happy that MTV thought to make such a bromantic show, it brought a little tear to my eye...