Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Experiencing Summer in Winter

I had a winter wonderland-like experience last night as I drove home from work. And when coming back to work this morning I drove through the same atmosphere. The scene was quite picturesque: lots of trees blanketed in snow, icicles decorating the branches, and a pretty clear path down the road. It was like being in a snow globe. But then I realized something. This would all turn into a slushy mess as the hours passed and I was not thrilled to deal with that.

I just came back from being away and I had such a great time. The only problem is that I was in 85 degree weather in the Caribbean, sunning myself on the top deck of a cruise ship. I came back and have been confronted with snowfall and quite chilly temperatures when I wake up each morning (this morning it was 18). I know what you're probably thinking: "Well you just had this gorgeous week in paradise, Amanda, so you really shouldn't complain." Well, you are right. But I miss being away in the pretend world! It was a lot of fun.

It was also strange because I was really disconnected from the world. I checked my email just twice and left my cell phone home. This comes from a girl who is a completely compulsive email-checker and keeps her cell phone on at all times. When I think about it, though, I kind of liked it. The pace of my life was a lot slower and calmer and I really didn't stress so much. I really needed that vacay so I can't complain. But I really can't wait for my next period of rest and relaxation!
Digg this

No comments: