Friday, April 3, 2009

Back to Black

I love adding a little color here and there, especially when spring comes around. But there's just something about black that intrigues me.

Black is a staple. I'm sure you've heard of the little black dress before. Now, why does every woman need a little black dress hanging around in her closet? Because in a pinch, no matter where you go, you can either dress said dress up or down with accessories. Say you're invited to an event at the last minute and need something to wear. Your little black dress is like old faithful - always there to serve you. You can dress up your black by adding a belt, a pair of red shoes, some costume jewelry, or perhaps a blazer.

When I wear a distinctive shirt, I love it. But when I think about it, there aren't many other places I can wear it. There are only so many times you can wear a distinctive shirt (yeah, I'm looking at you Bebe) with the same group of people, so these might need to be something that I spend a little less money on. But black is totally worth it. You can wear it so many different ways - not many people would realize you're re-wearing things.

Black is not just the color of funerals - it's necessary in your everyday wardrobe. And you wouldn't wear statement pieces to such an event, but can definitely outdo yourself when you're out on the town. And with all this black in my closet, I never seem to have anything to wear! Go figure!

Photo: Just a little example of a black dress and a statement necklace. Here, JCrew.com's Lorelei dress (on sale for $78) and Primrose necklace ($115).
Digg this

No comments: