Monday, September 28, 2009

Plagued By the "Type"

I have a type. Yes, my friends, I tend to date the same type of guy over and over again. And what does that teach me? Apparently nothing the last two times. So now, I believe that means three strikes and you're out. That is the way it will be from now on. However, I think this same type haunts me. If you know me well you know what I'm talking about.

Let's take my plane ride home from California, for instance. I changed my seat upon checking in so I would be closer to the front of the plane and who ends up sitting next to me? None other than my type. Very nice guy, but my guard immediately went up. Why does the same boy continue to talk to me over and over? It's been happening since I'm 17 years old and quite frankly I'm sick of it!

It wasn't until said boy mentioned his girlfriend that I actually let my guard down... kinda. I didn't want to be overly-friendly, as that is what always gets me into trouble. But he so non-chalantly made reference to his girlfriend and her interest in fashion. How, you may ask, did he know I was interested in fashion if I wasn't letting out too much information? Well, I was reading Harper's Bazaar and of course I was looking quite fashionable myself... ha. Well maybe not the fashionable part, since I was on a plane with connecting flights all day long and was still jet lagged. But I was reading the fashion magazine and getting pretty into it.

So through all of this, I decided to raise my standards. I sat down and really thought about all the things I want out of a relationship. There are many things on my checklist now because a girl's gotta have some standards. I refuse to waste time! What is on my list, you ask? A girl can't give away all her secrets...
Digg this

2 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

You do know we all want to hear about your type, right? Come on, dish.

Amanda said...

Haha. I know, I know. I'll have to find the proper way to phrase it when I'm ready. Perhaps another blog post? Stay tuned... :)