Sunday, January 13, 2008

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

I think if I had to commute to the City each day my life would be very different. Actually it would definitely be different. I realized this as I traveled to an SEO seminar downtown the other day.

First of all, I'd get a lot less sleep, which could mean one or both of two things: I could get more done in the day or I could have a grumpier disposition. I'd prefer the first result, of course. But who knows.

I think if I commuted, I might get more personal writing and reading done. That would be a definite plus. However, I would need to get up a heck of a whole lot earlier, which is good and bad. Good because I get a super early start to the day. Bad because it was still dark at 6:30am (I got up at 5am, mind you). Maybe it's better during the summer (I can't recall, since I haven't commuted like that since 2006).

In any case, I think that my life would certainly be different (in a good way). I am rather spoiled, working just seven minutes from my house. Yet, if I had to make the sacrifice, I'm sure I'd be up for the challenge. After all, I've done it all before.
Digg this

No comments: