Thursday, April 24, 2008

Little Black Shoe

You'd think a girl as obsessed with shoes as me would be able to come up with the perfect little black shoe. But I'm actually finding it impossible to find a standard black, leather heel that can withstand the toll my shoes often take, as well as the occasional rainy day. What's a girl to do?

I've come up with many-a-cute shoe. The beautiful cognac Steve Madden ruched leather boot, the red patent Enzo Angiolini wooden-heeled peep-toe, and the brown suede Studio 9 rounded toe that actually makes me a twin on some days with a co-worker. I've got black Steven flats, fabulous brown Coach flats, a pair of green Juicy flats, and even the silver Jessica Simpson. But I cannot for the life of me find the perfect black heel.

I recently bought a pair of Michael Kors shoes that were black. The heel was possibly the smallest heel I've ever worn and would definitely not make me that much taller than my shorter best friends - fantastic! But when putting them on with certain outfits, they just don't seem to work. I need the classic black pump back in my life that will work no matter what I put on; a shoe that I can call good old faithful and count on in a bind. It seems that the characteristics of my sought-after little black shoe are what I'd say I need in a best friend.

I also just bought a pair of black patent Steven pumps that are oh-so-cute (yes, I realize this shoe fetish and constant purchasing is a disease - Hi, I'm Amanda and I'm a shopoholic), but they aren't the perfect black, leather pump. Where can I find this necessary part of my everyday wardrobe? He must be out there somewhere…

Photo: Christian Louboutin Black Leather Pumps
Digg this

No comments: