Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boy, Meet Girl.


It's the age-old story. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Girl doesn't notice boy for a while. Boy gets girl. Boy dates girl. Boy and girl have conflict. Boy and girl break up. Will boy and girl ever get back together?

This is the theme of some of my favorite shows. We have Ross and Rachel, Ryan and Marissa, Seth and Summer, and now Dan and Serena. And sure, it gets old sometimes - the back and forth ranting and raving; the dramatic almost-kisses. But if that's the case, why am I always hooked? I suppose I'm just a hopeless romantic.

Gossip Girl has been added to my list of obsessions. I had heard such great things about the show and I thought their Season 2 campaigns were brilliant - to really hook their audience:

"Every parent's nightmare."
"Mindblowingly inappropriate."

The show really is just so great. It's just like what I miss from The OC. Drama, drama, drama. Not to mention some real cute Upper East Siders (and Brooklynites!). I love that there are still secrets to be discovered. It's fun, exciting, and leaves me wanting more. I finally got the first season on DVD last week and got through it in just four days. I just couldn't get enough!! I'm all caught up to this season now and can't wait to see what the next ep will bring. It's great and I hope the fantastic Gossip Girl writing stays smart throughout the season.

Watch for some upcoming posts about GG. I'm especially into the fashionista storyline of Little J.

XOXO,
Amanda Vera
Digg this

No comments: