Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lash-tastic!

For my birthday a month-and-a-half ago I became addicted to something. It's not the worst addiction, but I really and truly love this because it exaggerates my features and is totally fun to wear.

I first decided to get fake eyelashes when I was picking up a few necessities in Sephora the week before my birthday. I thought, "Why not do something out of the ordinary for myself on my birthday?" Plus, I'd been trying so hard to find a good mascara that would accentuate my eyes. (I've since found a pretty good one with Clinique's High Definition Lashes.)

As I readied myself for the big night out, I couldn't stop talking about the lashes. How long would it take me to put them on? How would they look on me? Was I going to look like a fool? Matt thought I was ridiculous and kept making fun of me, but he's a boy so it's understandable.

I absolutely loved them! And everyone kept commenting on how awesome my lashes looked. I was so excited. Ang thinks I should wear them every time I go out and let me tell you, I've worn them quite a few times.

Serena recently sent me this article from a beauty blog about how far a gal might go to get those long lashes. There apparently is some type of glaucoma medicine that thickens and lengthens your lashes. However, this doesn't come without some side effects. Apparently this medicine, bimatoprost, is in the form of eye drops and can darken your pupil (I would never want this as I love my blue eyes). It also has been known to cause permanent damage to the optic eye nerve and even cause blindness. Yikes!! Who knew the price for beauty was so high?

This doesn't mean that you need to stay away from all types of lengthening measures. It just means to stay away from strange remedies. I love my eyes and my lashes, but use the fake ones to accentuate from time to time. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Digg this

No comments: