Friday, June 13, 2008

Think Plink

Alright, I may have a Facebook and a MySpace, but I’m certainly not as obsessed as I used to be. I signed up for Facebook way back in freshman year (eek!). At that time only students of certain colleges could join and you could see anyone's profile on the whole site. So it's funny to think of Facebook as the crazy giant it is today. And when did all these applications come up?

Think Plink is the latest fashion application. Not only can you tag yourselves in photos for the entire world (or just your friends and networks) to see, but you can also tag your clothing. What? I think that's kind of weird and pretentious because you're more apt to "tag" your Juicy sweats over the knockoffs you scored in Target. And if you tag something in Think Plink as being from a certain store, then other similar stores will start to send you information and advertisements. I get enough sale and new merchandise emails as it is. Why would I want another five million? Plus who has the time to sit there and not only tag their friends, but also tag their clothing items?

Apparently this is supposed to help people recreate a look they've seen on someone else. What ever happened to being original and creating your own style? And if someone wants to know where I got my shoes so badly, they can talk to me - ya know, like the olden days of communication.

SI Advance
Digg this

No comments: