Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ordering vs. the Brown Bag

It never fails. I cannot bring myself to make lunch. The truth is that I usually don't have time in the morning. So the logical response is that I'd make it the night before, but I don't want to do that either. And even on days when I have a little extra time in the morning, I'll either eat breakfast or just go straight to work, thinking I'll just order today.

Clearly this is a problematic disease. And I know I’m not the only one with this problem. Dawn said that she was going to start bringing lunch as her New Year's Resolution but has also had the same problem of buying lunch a lot like me. I also hear the endless calls from the front desk each day from a variety of different deliveries.

Think about it. What's usually for lunch if you brown bag it? A sandwich? A salad? Some leftovers? I'm honestly not that thrilled with these things. I like a good sandwich but the sandwiches I'll make are only good every so often and who wants to eat the same thing every single day?! Even sometimes when I bring my lunch to work I can be persuaded by the Crew to order something that is far more appealing than last night's dinner, AGAIN!

Lunch is an extremely booming business if you think about it. People need to eat it every day. Sometimes lunch is the first meal of the day for people who either get up late or skip breakfast because they think they'll lose weight that way (I've learned that this is not true). I know that I'd save a ton of money if I didn't buy lunch all the time but I just can't help it.

I've gotta eat every day - I really just love food. But how can I make a better and more appealing lunch so that I can leave more money in the bank?! The world may never know…

Photo: HeavensLittleStuff.com
Digg this

1 comment:

Dawn Papandrea said...

So very true... so what's for lunch tomorrow?