Monday, July 7, 2008

I Love Friends


My seven-year-old cousin walked into my room yesterday as I was cleaning. She asked me what I was watching on TV. It was actually the fifth season of Friends on DVD. It's one of my absolute fave shows, as we already know. But I must say, I felt so old when she asked me this question! It was as if I had asked my parents what that show with the man who puts down his wife constantly (All in the Family) was.

Last week, we read the reports of the rumored Friends movie and I must say I wish this wasn't true. While we know SATC was wildly popular and made lots and lots of money, making these wealthy stylistas even richer, it may not always do well at the box office. And, like Ang said after she saw SATC, it wasn't really necessary.

I loved Friends all the way until the last show, even though some people got fed up with it after 10 seasons. But I also loved SATC and I wasn't as thrilled with the movie, even though I did love many aspects of it. I just can't see Friends as a full-length feature film. Though the actors will always be those characters in my heart, I can still see Courtney Cox as Lucy Spiller. Matthew Perry as Alex Whitman and Jennifer Aniston as Sarah Huttinger were a bit more in their traditional Friends roles.

Of course I'll go see the movie if it comes to pass. How could I not see my faves in action once again?! And it has been often that I've been referred to as Jennifer Aniston. But hopefully (if this is really true) the movie will help little ones who have never experienced this show to see the wonder that is Friends.

Photo: WarnerBros.com
Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a friends movie? i agree with this Ang, again not really necessary.