Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm Like Santa


My grandmother used to say (in her best Spanish accent) "From mi to mi!" when she made a purchase for herself. While she had a really great mentality - I think I've been following her sage advice way too much as of late. Tis the season to go shopping. But I think I'm overdoing it a bit. I've made so many online purchases this season and I'm not done with my shopping yet! The reason: I seem to be buying myself quite a few presents.

Here's the problem as I see it. How in the world can I pass up such good deals? There are free shipping orders all over the place, as well as 20, 25, and 30 percent off sale price deals! I'm really trying to not get anything in excess - I really do think about my purchases carefully but I can't help it! I get such delight after making a purchase. Paying my credit card bill later on is another story.

I just bought a few things, two gifts included, from J. Crew. I was slightly miffed that the day after I placed my order, things went on even more of a sale, but what can you do? I still got awesome deals. My package arrived today and I was so embarrassed at the size of the box. It was so large and in charge that I could barely maneuver it back to my cube. It was so big because I ordered the cutest pair of rain boots. I haven't had rain boots since sophomore year of college, which was quite a few years ago. These are adorable and the price was certainly right. So what can I say? I'm excited for my purchases.

I think it's fine. A little retail therapy never really killed anyone, right? But I can't help but think to myself in the very back of my head, should I really be my own Santa?
Digg this

No comments: