Monday, August 4, 2008

The Anger! The Outrage! The Disgust!

Just ran out to get a quick wrap for lunch and of course I have to have an encounter. The sexual harassment kind. Why do guys (and I’m sorry to be stereotypical but workers on the street) think it’s OK to degrade you?? Here’s the played out situation:

Dirty Men: Hello beautiful ladies. How YOU doin’ taday?
Me: Umm please don’t speak to me. Thanks.
Dirty Men: Snickering.
Me: Ugh.

We walk in to order our food and realize that as we’re about to leave, the dirty, disgusting, filthy men are still there. It’s almost as if they’re waiting for us so they can sink their filthy claws in. Ick.

Dirty Men: OH you beautiful ladies have a nice day.
And then out of nowhere, a familiar song:
Take you down, I really wanna take you down. Take you down, I really wanna take you down.
Me: You wish.

I’m utterly disturbed by the male race. I mean don’t get me wrong – there are some good ones out there. But why must you men treat us women like we’re objects? I’ve been told by guys that I should be flattered when a guy hits on me. However, why would I be flattered at being yelled at in the street, whilst having my ass stared at? They tell me that it’s not always about sex, but that’s completely ridiculous. And this very encounter proves my point – that song by Chris Brown is clearly sexual.

Ain’t no worker gonna be takin’ THIS girl down.

Thanks.
Digg this

1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg i agree! i always laugh whenever i get beeped at bc not only does it A) scare me but also B) do you expect me to throw myself at your bumper so we can make out? no thanks.