Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dawson's Love Commits Crime Against Fashion

I miss the days of Joey Potter. That's when I loved her the most. Then one day, that celeb from the posters she once hung in her room declared his love for her on a couch in Chi-town. Since then, we've seen Katie Holmes as a step mom and soccer spectator, with her daughter Suri, in a semi-decent movie with Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah, and with purple alien hands no doubt due to her husband's, I mean her, obsession with Scientology.

And now? She's rehearsing for her Broadway show and wearing unflattering pants. I can't help but think of how boyish she looks. And not to say there's anything wrong with being a tomboy at all, but I am not liking this new look. Who said pegged jeans were a trend? Apparently People.com thinks so, but I respectfully disagree.

The trend seems very 80s, and baggy jeans just don't look very flattering. Katie Holmes is such a skinny gal, but she looks wide and unattractive in those jeans. They are wrinkled and she looks disheveled - not stylish. I mean, good for her for wearing something to be bold. I try to make decisions like that all the time, but I think of it more like, "Can I really pull off this trend?" The pegged jeans may be a trend (I've seen pictures of Rachel Bilson in them too), but I hope this will not catch on. I have seen many in opposition to it and I hope it stays that way!

I guess there's really only one question left: What do you think Jen Lindley would have to say about this?

Photo: WENN
Digg this

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I miss the Joey Potter days of Katie Holmes too! She was so cute!