Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Color Purple

I'm so pumped for the color purple this Fall. I love it. You'd think I'd hate it after having it broadcast all in my face throughout my four years of college, at school events, in the library, and on those ugly purple buses. But I don't. I love that deep, dark purple.

My history teacher in high school told us that purple is the royal color. It was first used by the Phoenicians. It just so happens that said teacher was wearing purple that day and we all got a kick out of it when she emphasized its royalty, especially since she was very confident in who she is.

I think purple is rich-looking - not in the sense of being wealthy, but in the bright and lively sense. It's a sharp color, one in which can be spotted in different shades. I personally enjoy the deep purple, rather than the lavender. Dark purple is more professional, while lavender is more fun.

Some things shouldn't be purple at all. I had many encounters with that terrible dinosaur when I was babysitting. However, done correctly I think purple is a very fetching color. In fact, some of my favorite eyeshadows are purple. I love the purple palette by POP and it goes great with so many outfits I have, not to mention my blue eyes.

Purple is just a great color and I'm so excited to have seen it in on the runways up to now. Just like the bright green of the summer, I'm sure I'll be picking out some fun purple pieces to gallivant in all around town during the brisk Fall days.

Photo: SteveMadden.com - I LOVE the shoes pictured above for the Fall. Ang found them - the girl's got style!
Digg this

No comments: