Monday, May 18, 2009

Ding Dong, Delivery

It was a lazy Sunday yesterday. So lazy in fact that we all slept late, napped throughout the day, and looked at each other in a panic when we decided that none of us wanted to cook dinner. Then I decided that we should just watch SNL from the night before and order takeout. Brilliant. But what occurred to me is that delivery guys must witness some interesting people during their travels.

Let me paint you a picture of my appearance: I was in bed all day and I was wearing Ang's clothes that she had given me at her house the night before so I could get more comfortable. A pair of Pink Victoria's Secret sweats kept me comfy, and her Manhattan College Jaspers shirt kept me cool. These were my pajamas from the night before but like I said - it was a lazy Sunday! My hair was disgusting and piled high on my head and being as my hair is short - half of it was hanging out the bottom. My face was completely white as not a speck of makeup could be found. I was clearly a hot mess.

As the doorbell rang, my beloved Maltese started barking like crazy and I answered the door. The guy, who was on his phone, told me the total, thanked me when I handed him the cash, and told me to have a good night. I suppose he wasn't interested in what was going on except in his own world but I just thought it interesting. Even UPS/FedEx/DHL deliverers see interesting people all the time - when I get a package I'm very excited to see said delivery person. Mail carriers, on the other hand, have the stereotypical difficulty of being bit by the dog. The point here is that delivery people (of food and packages) must encounter some strange birds throughout their work (I, not being one of the strange ones of course…).
Digg this

1 comment:

Online Printing said...

How I wish I could have a lazy day too :)
It must be really interesting the kind of people they meet and work with every single day. No dull moments in their line of work I guess :)