Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tweet-alee Tweet-alee Twee

http://www.twitterbuttons.comI was just working quietly one early summer afternoon when Dawn came up to me. She asked me, "Do you Twitter?" I looked at her, puzzled. "What is a Twitter?" I asked. She told me about the site and I began on my journey. The rest is history.

Twitter is a crazy phenomenon. I joined almost a year ago and have been tweeting ever since. I, like most others, didn't see the attraction to this site at first. In fact, I neglected Twitter for a while until I got the hang of it. I mean, I already blog so it only makes sense that I would microblog. And a few months later Twitter spread like wildfire.

Those who don't Twitter just don't understand it, but I think it's amazing. I've come to meet quite a few people who I regularly speak to and with whom I have similar interests; I've gotten article sources on here; I've come in contact with some PR gals who are quite fantastic. And it's a great way for me to get some blog exposure while I'm at it. It's actually a lot of fun, yet one of the many technological advances that help you waste time throughout the day. The first app I downloaded on my BlackBerry? Yep, you guessed it -- TwitterBerry!

I write this now as Twitter is down for an hour maintenance. I actually saw the warning, letting me know it would be going down, and thought to myself, "What?! Why can't they do this while I'm asleep?!" And when it went down, I wanted to Tweet about how upset I was, but then realized I could not… Now if that's not another addiction, then I don't know what is. I am now addicted to coffee and makeup and shoes and bags and Twittering (and probably a few other things), just in case you're keeping score. I'm a lost cause!

Come, follow me, and join the bajillion people who have already fallen victim to the craze!

Love, @simplyfabulous
Digg this

No comments: