Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Secret Remains to be Told... XOXO

What will Gossip Girl Season 3 hold for us? Well, let's recap the Gossip Girl Season 2 finale first.

We all know they show "Last time on…" on all shows to give the viewers a refresher so that they will know what's going on in the current episode. So they showed Georgina Sparks and really we had been waiting for two weeks to see what she had up her sleeve (as she didn't appear in last week's schizo flashback episode). Well 10 minutes left of the episode and we had no idea where G was! But let me tell you, it was definitely worth the wait. The "bitch" was definitely back and I cracked up when she said she was enrolling in Gallatin at NYU (Go Bobcats!). But when she requested Blair Waldorf as her roommate, I realized that indeed the bitch was back. She's going to make B's life a living hell. It's such a delicious storyline.

I love Chuck Bass. He's so hot. Just the fact that Ed Westwick has an accent makes Chuck even hotter! Of course they had to play it off as if Chuck didn't want to be with Blair. This is what this show does best - they tease you with potential hookups and breakups. But finally - in sort of a cliché way (he flew to Europe to pick up some presents for her?!) - Chuck and Blair are together. I bet something heinous will happen over the summer that will make them bicker as usual in the fall.

I hated the fact that we were supposed to actually believe that we would find out who Gossip Girl is. We clearly were not going to find that out - it's only season 2. And, it's one secret she'll never tell. Come on! But what was interesting was that she only chooses to blast certain gossip and holds on to others. I wonder how she decides. And yes, it is interesting to try and figure out who she is, but like the mother in How I Met Your Mother, we shouldn't find out until the last episode.

I also didn't like that everything was supposed to be all Serena's fault. I guess they had to point the finger at her somehow - her storyline was so boring and insignificant. Speaking of which, whatever happened to Poppy? That's a loose end that wasn't tied up. Weird. And Carter always just shows up unexpectedly. He's definitely more evil than anyone makes Chuck Bass out to be. But he's helping Serena find her dad? Confusion… And as a sidenote - did anyone else find the fact that Serena tied her tassel in her hair extremely annoying?! Where's your cap, S?

And Rufus and Lily are finally engaged, but I bet the fact that their presumed-to-be-dead illegitimate son will tear this "happy family" apart. I also assume the return of the bitchy Little J as the new Queen B could also have something to do with causing turmoil.

We shall see, but I'm very excited for Gossip Girl Season 3. I hate finales because I have to wait all summer for anything more to happen! But in the meantime, I'll probably re-watch Season 2. Through its slightly unrealistic plot, I will keep the characters alive and well. You know you love me…

P.S. I just realized I didn't mention Nate or Vanessa but honestly they weren't very interesting either. I started watching Season 1 again and Nate used to be far less dumb and far more important. Maybe there's room for them next season to develop…

Photo: CWTV.com
Digg this

No comments: