Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Brazilian Genre

I went to Esperanto with Steph last week in the East Village and I had a very pleasant experience, despite the waitress messing up and being a tad bit rude. I suppose I can forgive this with the good food and sangria, and the fabulous live Brazilian music I heard at the restaurant.

Since then, I've been on this Brazilian music kick. It's different than anything else, combining jazz, tribal, and soothing sounds all into one genre. I have no idea where to find a compilation of some sort of this kind of music. I've only come up with one song so far that I'm completely obsessed with - Um Segundo by Bebel Gilberto. It really defines exactly what I've been looking for throughout the past week. With that in mind, I've been able to use that song as the example in my daily Pandora choice.

It's funny the effects that music can have on you. I love the way I feel when I listen to this Brazilian genre even though I may not always understand the lyrics (though my Spanish background does help me a bit). I imagine myself in a posh restaurant in Rio, dressed in my chicest outfit, with my Louboutins on my feet and my cocktail in hand. My dream man comes walking toward me to sweep me off to a beautiful beach in Ipanema. (Hey! I did say this was an image!!)

So, then, my search is on to add to my already-crazy iPod of Marc Anthony, Madonna, Finger Eleven, 50 Cent, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, and much more - I told you it was strange. Don't worry, mine's usually not the iPod of choice for a big event of shuffling songs. iPods are unique and that's the story I'm stickin' to!

Leave me some Brazilian music suggestions!!
Digg this

No comments: