Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Nude Shoes: The Perfect Accessory


OK. We all know I have a shoe obsession. My dad actually told me I was sick yesterday when he realized I had another pair delivered. And he wasn't kidding, exclaiming that I needed help. But these were necessary because, if you remember, I had expressed the necessity of a cute black leather shoe - especially one that would be comfortable when I went out on the weekends - a default, if you will.

As I scan my closet, I realize that I'm pretty much set now, save a few pairs of summery shoes TK. However, I've realized that I'm really into this new nude shoe phase that seems to be all over the magazines. Now, I'm pretty tall. Despite this fact, I absolutely love to wear high heels because I really think they finish off an outfit and make you stand out. I have long legs to begin with, but nude shoes really have that ability of elongating your stature. I love that.

It's so great to me when you can use fashion to manipulate an appearance or enhance it in some way. That's the way I feel about makeup. I've had some guy friends tell me that they think makeup is stupid and solely serves as a mask for women. And while that may be true for some ladies, I like to think I use makeup to enhance the features I already have. The right purple or brown shadow can look lovely on my lids, while really heightening the blue in my eyes. And dramatic eyes aren't necessary for the everyday escapade, but are perfect for a night out at the club.

It's all in how you use these tools to put yourself together. Your appearance may be ruined with the wrong shoe, the wrong accessory, or a clown face. It's always good to find those neutral accessories that can be used in pretty much any situation. And that's what nude shoes do. They are moldable to almost anything and can really enhance your look. I think my dad may be raising his eyebrows again soon after he realizes that I've gotten myself a new pair of shoes!

Photo: Christian Louboutin heels in Sand
Digg this

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

You're so right. I've worn a pair of nude Jeffrey Campbell kitten-heeled shoes I have practically to nothing. Still, I wear them. I need to find the EXACT same pair again!!