Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Grammar of Love

"Y-O-U-apostrophe-R-E means 'you are.' Y-O-U-R means 'your!'" - Ross, Friends

So Flavor Flav picked the right gal last night on the "final season finale" of Flavor of Love 3. We can only hope that after seven children and three reality TV dating shows, that it will be the final one (although I love the drama). Thing 2 totally loved him (even though I still can't grasp the concept of kissing him…). I was all prepared to discuss Flay-vore Flayyyvvv, however, I'd really like to talk about the "romantical" evening Black said she was having.

I first heard the word "romantical" when Lo Bosworth told Lauren Conrad that she thought that the dinner they were having at a posh L.A. restaurant was romantical. That's not a word (unless you consult Urban Dictionary, which is hardly an authority)! And it's driving me crazy. Say romantic or magical - but not romantical. From time to time, I'll say it mockingly (mainly because I can't stand Lo). But I know it's not a word!

I've heard the word so much lately and as I watched Flav last night, I heard Black talking about her evening. Where did this word come from? I realize that mainly uneducated people have been saying this on "reality" TV, but being as grammar-obsessed as I am (and I know I'm not perfect - although I'm pretty close haha) I cannot stand it.

Perhaps we need to educate our young ones a little better so they don't make up words or use poor grammar. Or maybe I just need to stop watching reality TV…

Photo: VH1.com
Digg this

No comments: