Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Hills Are Alive with the Sound of Drama

I watched the season finale of The Hills last night and honestly it didn't really do anything for me. I love the show, despite knowing that it's edited and partially scripted, blah blah blah. However, nothing new happened last night. In fact, the Aftershow was better than the actual finale.

We already knew that evil Lo was slowly driving a wedge between Audrina and Lauren. And that's where they left it, with a single tear streaming down our heroine's face. And as if we didn't know that Spencer and Heidi would reunite into Speidi (I've seen the pics from the Correspondent's Dinner!). But really, how dumb do you have to be to throw away your "job" when your controlling boyfriend follows you to Las Vegas?

Give me a break. You didn't make up with him when he brought you roses at Crested Butte and you freaked out because he was talking to other girls, but when he rudely interrupts you during an important work meeting you forgive him? Please. Oh well, at least the deliciously diabolical Stephanie Pratt was there too for entertainment purposes.

I enjoyed the Aftershow, however. And of course was ever so excited at the previews for Season 4. Why can't I stop watching? I think it's hilarious and ridiculously not reality, but I love love love The Hills! The music choices are especially perfect. I just feel like the finale could have been a little more exciting.

I would also just like to say how excited I am for the Super Sweet 16 Exiled show they showed a preview for last night. Those spoiled girls who got everything they wanted and more, including a stint on TV, now are sent away to remote destinations in Africa, Peru, Thailand, India, and more. I love it! One girl started crying because they were leaving her there all alone - well if you're alone sweetie, who's filming you? You've got the big bad camera crew to protect you. Do we think, though, that this experience will really change these girls for the better? People never change…

Photo: MTV.com Aftershow
Digg this

No comments: