Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bobbing My Head

My last haircut made me nervous because I thought it was way too short. This happens to me from time to time, especially now that I have the stacked bob. I freak out when I see how short it is and that I can't do anything else with it except style it straight. But I do love that I can pull this look off!

I was discussing my plan this weekend to let my hair grow out a little bit because I felt I looked a little like my brother (though I should mention this is completely in my head because this is definitely not the case with respect to hair). As we stood outside our restaurant waiting for some of the girls to get there, something happened. Literally two minutes after my hair conversation, I get a tap on my shoulder:

Random Guy with Accent: Excuse me, but who did your hair?
Me: Umm. Me? I uh got it done a few weeks ago by my regular girl by my house.
RGwA: Oh, OK. Well it just looks so good. I'm obsessed with it. And it's just that I own a hair salon on the Upper East Side. It's perfect.

I look at Ang and ask her if she told this guy to say all this to me. She said no (and I also know that she would never actually do something like that). But I mean, I had just, right then, been complaining about my hair! Could he have heard me? Who knows. I am slightly more pleased with my hair these days (probably because I'm three weeks into my last haircut). But these events certainly gave me a boost having a UES hair salon owner telling me how fabulous I looked. Maybe I will keep my hair just like this…

Photo: Jenny McCarthy (who knew I'd like something about her? But she's gotten so much better since her Singled Out days). JustJared.com
Digg this

No comments: