Friday, September 5, 2008

Food for Thought

I got to bed at a decent hour last night - it was probably earlier than 11pm when I finally went into my REM cycle. But then I awoke at 4:30am and I was wide awake! I could not fall back to sleep. Yet, somehow I closed my eyes and when I opened them, it was 5:45am, which is still TOO EARLY for me to arise for the day. Again, I was wide awake and thought I'd never get to get the extra hour and a half I deserved of beauty sleep! Finally, I awoke to the noise of my alarm. And I felt as if the wind had been knocked out of me. I hit snooze and those five minutes passed as if it had only been five seconds!

Why can I be wide awake and ready for the day at the ungodly hour of 4:30am and so horrified when my alarm went off at 7:15am?!?! That's practically a three hour difference!!
Digg this

No comments: